Tips for Summer Hair Care
These summer hair care tips will allow women to feel and look confident through the harsh summer months with healthy shiny hair.
1. Use products with UV protection.
2. Sunflower is a natural UV protectant that’s great for adding softness to the hair. The oil of sunflower also acts as an emollient, providing much-needed moisture for the hair in summer, and it’s actually able to lock in that moisture.
3. Change to a shampoo and conditioner with added UV protection from sunflower oil, as well as adopting a leave-in conditioner to can take on the go.
4. Wear a hat or a scarf to protect hair and scalp. Damaged scalp can leave hair inadequately nourished for months.
5. Use deep conditioning treatments.
Jasmine Metz is the owner or Escape Salon, located at 1249 Shermer Rd., Ste. 200, in Northbrook. For more information, call 847-753-9000.